Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Loopy Thingy's


When was the last time you sat down and leisurely made a woven pot holder on that tiny red square loom? You know the kind that is made with bags of stretchy cloth loops that are always way too small to fit from one side of the loom to the other....so eventually the whole thing pops off . In the end the finished potholder comes out to be about 5 inches wide and everyone knows you couldn't ever really use it. Anthropologie knows that too so they decided to find another use for the loopy thingys. If you are ever walking past their store check out the window displays. They are famous for using found objects in their installations and have great ideas that you can use at home.

4 comments:

Paula In Pinetop said...

I took one look of this and thought of the stencil class. Put this puppy down and the spray away......viola ! Great idea!

I walk by and look at their windows because I can't begin to afford their clothes........who spends that much? Clearly someone does it and it sure isn't me.

Diana Trout {Nan.DT@verizon.net} said...

That is a fabulous thing to look at. I may need to do something like it with the two 12' high bamboo trees I "rescued" last weekend.

Dayna Collins said...

Well, I must admit that my kids made a few of the wildly colored loomie potholders and I actually still use them! They're small and maneuverable - I love 'em!

miakodo said...

I love anthropologie, and this design, too. Imagine the fun you can have designing the flowers at the top. ^__^ All I need is a thrift shop and some buttons.